Fuel flap not unlocking

I’ve had the fuel flap refuse to open on me three times now, this morning being the worst and most stubborn.

Searching the forum I found posts on the other models (octavia mk3 mainly) but nothing for the superb.

Im guessing it’s the same design and solenoid actuator that’s failing?

it’s under warranty and going in next Friday to be looked at, I can see fault code “197644 - control circuit for fuel tank flap” status electrical failure - intermittent in VCDS which has happened 16 times as of the scan I did last week when it left me looking like a tool on the forecourt until it finally released and I’ve told the dealer but pretty sure this one was listed when it went in for the service (mentioned it at the time and the rear wiper sticking straight up intermittently) but got the old classic “can’t replicate the fault / no fault codes stored” line at the time.

Has anyone else had this sorted under warranty before it completely failed shut as it seems like destroying the flap is about the only option of it gets to that stage!

After a lot of thumping while locking and unlocking its working again for now and I’ve soaked the plunger with silicone lubricant spray but it’s clearly gonna fail again and needs replacing…..

DF2297BF-8C69-4116-AEA8-DD00714AB4D6.jpeg

Edited by SkudMissile21

Definitely not frozen at plus 15 degrees! Haven’t even had the low single figures here for a while. Good to know someone else has had it replaced under warranty, just hoping they will just do the job rather than mess me about now I’ve paid hundreds for another years warranty with zero excess.

Out of warranty I would happily replace it myself being an electrical maintenance engineer but for now it’s not my problem to fix!

Car went in today and the flap solenoid was confirmed to be failing and replaced there and then.

can’t fault Carr’s in Bridgwater this time, new management and staff there seemed really helpful and even gave me a brand new 71 plate Scala with less than 500 miles on for the day!