Full service and DMF/Clutch replace 93K miles

Zednine

An excellent win for me I think. New to me Superb Combi 2.0Tdi 170 Elegance, I thought the clutch /DMF felt "odd" with a "tinkle noise and vibes". Car went to local garage who replaced DMF / Clutch. (I went for the DMF as opposed to the SMF to maintain refinement). Got a very full service carried out at same time. ALL fluids, filters and belts. Brake checks (Dealer who supplied car changed out Disks, callipers and pads) suspension etc checked - no sag so springs may have been replaced already. Dampers fine. Brakes very well. Fortunately it came with a SMTA (Scottish Motor Traders assoc) warranty which covered £1000 of the cost to replace so £780 for the rest of the work. At 93k miles the car now feels like new, pulls very well and is very refined. Only got the 18" wheels to change to something smaller with higher profile all season tyres to improve the road noise / refinement. I dont go fast anymore. Many large capacity motorbikes owned berfore so got the "speed" thing well out of my system years ago. I've now spent £6530 to own this large luxury car in excellent condition. Should be reliable and is very comfortable. Just got to work out the Columbus stereo eating my contacts list from phone and I think I'm done for a while.

No errors on vag-com either. 

Win all round I think. 

Superb I would say!

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Same engine, and just started getting the clutch release bearing noise, how much were the parts and labour for the clutch and flywheel? 

I changed down to 16" wheels and can only say wth were 18s on there in the first place. 

If i do put my 18s back maybe next summer im gonna up the tyre size to 225 45 18, 40 profile is just a suspension killer on this car

A quick update driving well, tyre noise on the 18" wheels is bad unless the road surface is smooth - I'm going to get replacement wheels with either all season or winter tyres on. Not made up my mind yet on which.

Thinking 16" as live up a farm track and extra sidewall = good. 170hp model so hoping can find 16" wheels which will clear brake calipers. Dont really care on the looks front - too old to give a damn.

Mine is 170 manual too. I have 16s. 

Just yesterday thought about going back to 18s for the looks but the advantages of 16s just outweight. 

Looking at old receipts and previous owner was changing front 18 inch tyres every 15,000 odd. 

So far I've done 25k on 16s and still about 4mm left

I went with 7inch wide rim with et49 eun 205 55 16