NEW Injectors for 1.6 TDI UK Diesel parts?

Since Autodoc took my money for 4 new 03L130277B injectors, but came back and claimed they are discontinued, I found this https://www.ukdieselparts.com/brand-new-vdo-common-rail-injector-a2c9626040080_p32333857.htm £300 incl VAT

Reading the reviews, I can't make my mind up if they are a hit-and-miss operation, or just scammers?

Any experiences with them, or maybe a link to a reputable seller of NEW injectors. I have had bad luck with "refurbished" injectors form Dieselfix Neuss, which have excellent ratings on Ebay.

The engine was recently replaced with a ~100k miles engine from a wreck standing two years, and after only a few thousand km, an injector failed and was replaced with one of the "refurbished" from the original engine, which failed mechanically.

After a few thousand km more, one of the "refurbished" injectors failed again, en route in Poland.

The 03L130277B was superseded by 03L130277S but the old model wasn't recalled. They are notorious for failing. One of my originals failed at 110k miles and I was quoted £600 including VAT from a main stealer for the new S model (part only) last week.

If you're intent on changing it with a new injector, you should get the VDO A2C9626040080 for quite a bit cheaper. Autodoc usually have these for £280-285 but have gone up to £305 https://www.autodoc.co.uk/vdo/10586786 They are unreliable at best and were showing in stock but cancelled my recent order.

The ukdieselparts site doesn't let you to check out and don't answer their phones so I assume they've closed/gone bust. Google shows they're permanently closed. I ended up changing my bad injector with a second hand one. Reason being, the listings on eBay for reconditioned and refurbs don't specify whether you'll get the updated VDO A2C9626040080 or VW 03L130277S part. Most likely, you'll get a reconditioned 03L130277B injector which may go bad eventually. The price for a recons are not far off a new VDO unit so you may as well buy a new one. This seller has sold quite a few of the VDO ones and has them for £289 https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/163183085716

Remember you'll need a new stretch bolt to hold the clamp in, VW part WHT003187, around £2.5 from a main stealer

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...