Karoq just purchased

DaveLees

After having had 3 Yetis and an Octavia, and my wife having a  Citigo then Fabia, my wife decided that she missed the height in a Yeti.

So, last Saturday we went to Pulman, Cramlington (was Sidbury) where Sean had a Kamiq and Karoq ready for us to take for test drives.

Pulman had a Karoq that arrived the previous day which was the spec that we wanted.  Fortunately the second hand market is strong at the moment,  so we got a good deal against the Karoq. We picked the new Karoq up on Thursday and love it. The deal included mats, front and rear dash cams being hardwired, and new headlight bulbs fitted. 

Overall it was excellent service:-)

• Like 3

12 hours ago, DaveLees said:

The deal included mats, front and rear dash cams being hardwired, and new headlight bulbs fitted. 

Overall it was excellent service:-)

Sounds like a good deal.

Interested why the headlight bulbs were changed? Which model have you purchased?

Good headlights? Halogens? ??

The LED's are fantastic turning night into day. Far better than the HID's I had on the Octy VRS (Although I miss the turning function) Sorry but I think you missed a trick not getting them and opting for the lowly Halogens.

53 minutes ago, MrAdamwood said:

Sorry but I think you missed a trick not getting them and opting for the lowly Halogens.

I think the OP bought from stock, LED's are a £1200 option on the SE, and are not (as far as I know) a retrofit.

Having said that I agree that the LED's are a good light.

@DaveLeesLots of us drive about in the countryside so need good Headlights, but dipped beam is only needed when the lights are not on full beam because others are driving / riding towards you or are in front of you.

Have you driven your car yet with whatever upgrade was done to see what the improvement is and the alignment is good so it is not a case of you having better visibility while other road users suffer worse.

ie, Other flashing you when dipped because your dipped beam is annoying.

2 hours ago, e-Roottoot said:

@DaveLeesLots of us drive about in the countryside so need good Headlights, but dipped beam is only needed when the lights are not on full beam because others are driving / riding towards you or are in front of you.

Have you driven your car yet with whatever upgrade was done to see what the improvement is and the alignment is good so it is not a case of you having better visibility while other road users suffer worse.

ie, Other flashing you when dipped because your dipped beam is annoying.

Thanks for the advice as to when to use full and dipped beam, however having been driving for 40+ years, and being a class 1 advanced driver I was aware of it ;-).

And no, I haven't driven since the bulbs were fitted,  but I will bear in mind your comments re the alignment. 

• Like 1

Pet hate. 

Vehicles that only have lights aligned after failing their first MOT.

& Upgraded Dipped Beam poorly set, or additional lights that help a driver, just not the ones not in their car.

Always a good move once upgraded lights to stand on the pavement and have your car driven along so you can see what others see. IMO.

Or drive a car and have someone follow in your car so you see what others will.

I was not giving advice just pointing out the obvious that seems to be missed by many, including those with cornering fog lights that turn their steering wheel while sitting waiting to turn.

Even an Advanced driver would not thinking a random 1 extra light coming on is clever.

Sitting at roadworks, traffic lights in the dark waiting in the front car and as a vehicle or cyclist comes through on green they turn their steering and shine an additional light at the person coming forward.  'Simply not clever'. 

Or enabling the Front Fogs that come on Automatically as they select reverse.  If there is nobody there they could just put full beam on, 

or manually put the front fogs on to reverse

Edited by e-Roottoot
  • Like 1