Yeti 60l saddle tank, twin sender units??????? also fuel guage calibration

J.R.

I decided to play with VCDS to try and force my fuel guage to be more truthfull at the bottom part of its range, I want it to show empty when it is empty and not with its "virtual reserve" capacity unused, ideally the remaining miles to be truthfull as well but not sure if that would actually happen.

I had just watched a youtube video of someone changing the values in VCDS on a Golf, it showed the reference value of 112 ohms and it could be changed within tha range of IIRC 100 ohms and 128 ohms, something like that, he made the changes & then went to measuring blocks and it was apparent that when he changed to the max & min values not only did his guage go from 1/8 to 3/8 of a tank but the system saw the fuel quantity change from 5 to 11 litres, again something like that I cant recall the exact values.

I had just brimmed my tank squeezing in 56 litres or so and have only driven 6 miles, VCDS advanced measuring values (no measuring blocks) showed the tank capacity to be 56l, I wanted to get this up to 60l and I would do some more checks when the tank was nearly empty.

I also found measuring blocks for fuel senders 1, 2 and 3 and mine had values for senders 1 & 2 of 27 and 33 ohms respectively, I have seen the large bayonet fittings on each upper side of my fuel tank, I had thought that one was the sender the other the fuel pump plus pick up & return pipes, does it actually have twin senders so as not to have a false reading if fuel sloshes from one side to the other after cornering?

My question on the adaption values, it shows the existing figure as 0.0 but does not indicate the allowable range, I tried using 1.0 which was accepted but it did not seem to make any difference, does anybody know what range of values is available? Are they plus and minus say from 1 to 10 meaning 90 to 110% for instance? The default figure of 0.0 does not give me any clues.

Edited by J.R.