Rapid Spaceback radio upgrade

I have recently become a happy owner of a 2014 Rapid Spaceback. I am looking at options of upgrading the current Swing radio. I usually always go for original but this time I'm leaning towards one of the Android variants. I have seen some YouTubers going on about Kenwood, xtrons and Joying makes. All of which I'm not sure are compatible with my car. I really like the look of the Joying and it does get good reviews.

So I just wondered if anyone who has made the swap to android and can divide me with any info, guides pics etc. 

• Like 1

Another owner has recently gone down the same route (you should find their thread in the more recent topics in the Rapid section). 

In a 2014, the best option is to source a RNS-315, also known as an Amundsen. This is the factory Nav unit for that year of car and it adds navigation, vastly improved audio quality (without having to upgrade the speakers), better Bluetooth control and more Bluetooth options among other things.

Does your car have Bluetooth fitted? If so, I would recommend this route. If it doesn’t, then it’s worth considering the RCD330, which is the factory radio fitted in some overseas markets. It has no CD drive and no Nav, but it has a big touchscreen and adds both Apple Car Play and Android Auto support, allowing you to mirror your phone and it’s apps to the dashboard. It also has integrated Bluetooth. And it’s surprisingly cheap!

I do not recommend Xtrons. I’ve tried three of their head units, each one was garbage and I ended sending each one back for a refund. One actually started smoking!

• Love it! 1

Wow thanks for you reply very useful. I did carry out a search before posting and couldn't find anything. Probably my own fault bit of a techy-phobe. Don't suppose you could post a link to the thread of the other thread you mentioned.

And thanks again!

• 2 weeks later...

I swapped my Swing out for an android unit, and it was dead simple. 

Bought the unit from Audio Tech Direct, found the right replacement surround and fitted it within an hour. Loads of additional options on the units (DAB, Bluetooth, Rear Camera etc).

On 20/10/2021 at 15:42, WolfyWesty said:

I swapped my Swing out for an android unit, and it was dead simple. 

Bought the unit from Audio Tech Direct, found the right replacement surround and fitted it within an hour. Loads of additional options on the units (DAB, Bluetooth, Rear Camera etc).

Could you send links please. And did you have to have the stereo coded?