Any value in my Fabia?

Hi. I have a Skoda Fabia VRS, first registered on 27th April 2012. Yes it's got one of the CAVE engines and it also has the DSG gearbox. The display is showing a flashing spanner alternately with the gear select which indicates gearbox errors. The car still drives but occasionally loses all gears and needs to be stopped and started to reset. My question is would there be any value in this car to anyone even with the gearbox fault? Where would be the best place to offer this for sale?

Briskoda forum classifieds would be a good place.  Repair need not be too expensive.  See page 8 of the pinned thread on the DSG service campaign.  Your car will be one of the ones that was built and part of  the service campaign 34F7 and might have had it done and before those that did not need it is or those that got 34H5. Built between 2013 -2015.   Look see if a sticker in the spare tyre well.   34F7;was the synthetic oil changed to mineral and a software update.   @Mickmartinmight be able to give advice. @Nige1003   Where are you? 

Edited by e-Roottoot

4 hours ago, Nige1003 said:

Hi. I have a Skoda Fabia VRS, first registered on 27th April 2012. Yes it's got one of the CAVE engines and it also has the DSG gearbox. The display is showing a flashing spanner alternately with the gear select which indicates gearbox errors. The car still drives but occasionally loses all gears and needs to be stopped and started to reset. My question is would there be any value in this car to anyone even with the gearbox fault? Where would be the best place to offer this for sale?

Get it plugged in, it will no doubt be a P0175 or P17BF error which would therefor mean it can most likely be fixed for less than £200, You wouldn't get clutch slip in every gear due to the dual clutches so rule out the clutch. What i think will be your problem is that your hydraulic accumulator or mechatronic body has failed and is losing pressure when attempting to select gears, This can be removed with the gearbox still on the car so not the worst job.

As for value, £1200 is around the asking price for a decent CAVE fabia with engine or gearbox failure and decent bodywork but expect to get knocked down as they be hard to shift without breaking.

I have the same question to ask of my metallic black Fabia... I have a 2009 Greenline, with just under 160,000 on the clock. The engine was replaced with a brand new unit, at around 50,000 miles, under warranty at the main dealership where I originally bought it. Although in decent condition and having had a new clutch fitted last April, with a two year warranty on that, now, due to the PITA that is ULEZ, I have to shift it on.

I have recently purchased a Dacia Sandero Stepway, to replace it but would still keep it, if not for the joy sent to us from Mr Mayor Kahn!

My only real issue with the car is the climateronic A/C needs looking at as it throws up a code (Forget offhand but to do with pressure switch).

There are a number of extra things on it to make it nice and homely, such as under seat boxes, sunglasses holder in the roof, proper Skoda central armrest, ESP (with disc rear brakes), etc but I have no genuine idea of the value. I could go anywhere and get myself ripped off or I could ask a price I am unlikely to achieve but I am sort of looking for that middle ground.

Anyone any idea of the value? I do know the Greenies are a little like hen's teeth and expect one day, for them to become collectors items but by then, I'll be in my wooden overcoat!