Skoda Rapid 2013 - USB/MDI port not working properly

BladePhoenix

Hello all

My Rapid's USB port had played music fine since I got it back in 2013. It was a few weeks back when it decided not to play 😥.

It does detect that something (pen/flash drives) is plugged in, has a think about it and then it says "No MDI Connected". Tried 3 different pen drives but getting the same result 😥.

I thought of taking out the USB module if a simple reconnect would rectify the issue but discovered the cable goes further up. So took out my Swing radio to take a look and further discovered the cable goes into the glove box 😑. Well, that was a waste of effort. I haven't took out the glove box yet (don't know how to yet) but wanted to know is that where the cable leads to? I've tried to take only the USB unit but it's seems to be secured very tightly to the plastic part; it's this that I have https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/265177606123?epid=26023441624&hash=item3dbdd127eb:g:xrYAAOSwbFFe7NCT

Currently using Bluetooth to play music but since I can't use the controls on the sterring wheel, I'm having to ask Google to do it for me 😑

Anyone else had this issue?

Thanks

Yours must be the only one that ever worked properly. 

They were very fussy about connecting leads, and the logical order of switch on. 

I gave up (in 2014) and used Bluetooth since, but @chrisgreen was a bit of a guru with this proxy interface.

Edited by camelspyyder