Retrofitting reverse camera

Hi,

Recently bought my first Skoda. A Fabia MkIII 2020 with no navigation infotainment system. Ordered a back/reverse camera that should fit for retrofitting however got from two different sources that with no navigation in the infotainment I won't be able to integrate it into the infotainment. Can anyone confirm this? And if so, is there any workaround?

PXL_20211011_123251289.jpg

PXL_20210925_104627867.jpg

So you have Swing MY19 unit. I am not 100% sure but I believe this unit supports RVC. You have either to connect camera (and code with VCDS, USB Eleven, Vag Can Pro or ODIS) and make a test or remove the unit, open it and see if it has video support chip - see DRIVE2.RU where the guy had SWING 5JA035867A unit and he replaced it with 5E0035871B unit (from Octavia). Also following Rapid Klub PL info I can see that A nd C units do not support RVC while B and D support it. Extrapolating it, I woul d expect that A/E/J units do not support RVC while B/D/H (there is no information in ETKA on C, F and G units).

• Like 1

Thank you for that info, very helpful! 👍 I guess I'll just have to try then but sounds hopeful that B and D units does support RVC. It would follow the logic that you explained, then, that H will as well.

A follow-up question if it turns out my unit does support RVC: Are there any instructions for programming with VCDS? I do have a VCDS cable available for my car and it connects OK when hooking up but I am unsure as to how I would program it.

Thanks for the reply's. Guess the only sure fire way of knowing is to pull it out and check for the video chip. Otherwise replace the whole unit or just use the camera holder and wiring and connect to a secondary screen.

• 2 months later...