Roomster roof rail drilling template, LAH770011.

Sparkgap

Can any forum member help me with this please.

I need to buy, borrow or rent a set of LAH770011 templates for marking out the hole drilling locations on the roof to gain access to the pre-fitted captive nuts below.

I see that several forum members have fitted their own roof rails so hope there's some templates out there!

Many Thanks, Sparkgap.

There have been two or three people who have put posts up about this .

There was one person, if I remember right, was willing to lend or sell what your looking for.

Go into search on this site.

Thank you for your replies, I had seen the threads mentioned. Might have to remove the headlining to mark the drilling positions from below, although this would be a last resort.

Cheers, Sparkgap.

• 2 weeks later...
11 hours ago, MDR said:

I have the Roomster templates, £50 inc postage.

Let's hope Sparkgap reads this before before dismantling roof.

Have you thought of sending message ?

• Like 1

Thank You, NZ100 and Robjon, I'm almost certainly now sorted out with a set of templates and will update the thread when I have them.

However, NZ100 you were right in your assumption that I had already started to dismantle the headlining in my Roomster.

I had removed the easy to remove fittings  and was waiting for a trim removal tool to enable me to remove the shrouds around the door and window pillars without damage.

I will refit everything and await the arrival of the templates.

Thanks again for your help and concern.

Sparkgap.

What a great resource for help, advice and assistance this forum is.

• Like 3

• 2 months later...

Just an update on this thread, I now have the templates, but haven't gotten around to fitting my roof rails yet.

After I have fitted them I will make the templates available for what I paid for them (£50).

Many Thanks, Sparkgap.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Just seen the previous two replies from "atalkingape" and "Kindpunx666".

I will contact "atalkingape" with the offer of first refusal, since they asked first, when I have fitted my roof rails.

Thanks, Sparkgap.

• Like 3

16 hours ago, Sparkgap said:

Just seen the previous two replies from "atalkingape" and "Kindpunx666".

I will contact "atalkingape" with the offer of first refusal, since they asked first, when I have fitted my roof rails.

Thanks, Sparkgap.

Hi Sparkgap,

Thanks ever such a lot, please DM me when you're ready. Kundpunx666 I'll likewise let you know when I'm ready and pass it on to you.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...
On 06/01/2024 at 11:17, brungo said:

hello, i am very keen to buy the roomster roof rail template so do you still have them please? thank you. brungo.

Hi, Brungo, I have them. I'm waiting for the better weather to install the rails and then i can sell them to you. 

hi arthis, thank you for reading my post & replying. any ideas of when you may use the templates (eg, do you mean spring or even summer?) & what you would want for them please? i am currently looking online at a roomster that has no rails & my old honda jazz has its mot on wednesday so i may be forced into making a decision on buying a roomster by next week. i need a petrol 1.2 & seems not many that are low-ish miles & in good shape & not based over 100 miles away from me have the rails! plenty of diesels seem to have them though but i do short trips & feel a petrol engine is best suited to that. also a few wheelchair converted ones but i need the seats sometimes. i can wait for your templates if needed & appreciate your reply.

thanks again. brungo

I'm going to install as soon as it gets a bit drier and warmer - 10+. I don't have a garage so it's a no fun spending few hours fitting the rails in this weather. 

I have everything ready - the template rails and tools, so it's just a matter of timing. I'd expect to do that in next month or two.

I ended up ordering the rails from Chechia as I also couldn't find them in UK.

I'm fine to sell the template for £50 + delivery.