Rear wiper motor

Hi, rear wiper not been working for a while so decided to try and fix it with weather starting to turn. Ordered replacement motor but when plugged in still no movement. Checked fuse and seems ok. Checked power at the plug and only getting 12v on pin 4 on wiring harness connector? Any ideas of what to check next? Cheers in advance

I had a similar problem on my Mk2 Octavia and the problem turned out to be a corroded terminal in the tailgate latch mechanism. I think that the purpose is to prevent the wiper from being operated when the tailgate is open. I suspect that this contact switches the ground circuit rather than the 12V. You need to make a continuity measurement from a good chassis ground point to the various terminals on the motor. You can use a screwdriver to close the tailgate latch with the tailgate open.

On mine, water had leaked into the lock mechanism and caused the corrosion. You could bypass this switch since I really cannot see the point of it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KevinSt said:

I had a similar problem on my Mk2 Octavia and the problem turned out to be a corroded terminal in the tailgate latch mechanism. I think that the purpose is to prevent the wiper from being operated when the tailgate is open. I suspect that this contact switches the ground circuit rather than the 12V. You need to make a continuity measurement from a good chassis ground point to the various terminals on the motor. You can use a screwdriver to close the tailgate latch with the tailgate open.

On mine, water had leaked into the lock mechanism and caused the corrosion. You could bypass this switch since I really cannot see the point of it.

Cheers, I'll give this a look tomorrow