Kessy keyless locking

rruyter

Hi all,

Just got my Enyaq a week ago.

Question about Kessy. I do the unlocking while approaching the vehicle. But I expected that once I move away from the car (with key in my pocket) it automatically locks. That doesn’t happen. Is there a setting for automatically locking?

Nope.

With the kessy, you don't need to take the key out of your pocket.  There is a sensor on the door handle so when you touch the door handle to open the door, the doors unlock and you can open it.

To lock the door, you just touch the outside of the handle when the doors are closed.

This works on the drivers and passenger front doors.  I'm not sure on the rears.

Edited by roo
  • Love it! 1

Ah, so you must touch the sensor on the door handle. Okay.

My wife drives a Renault Capture and when she walks away with the keyfob the car closes after a certain distance is between her and the car. Though Skoda would have the same.

I also have the unlock while approaching setup, so that it unlocks without touching the car.

But I don’t think there’s a setting for locking when moving away - at least I haven’t seen it (haven’t looked too hard though). Would be neat if it was available, I’ve walked away without locking on several occasions. 😆

The touch sensors are on both front and rear doors now at least. 

• Love it! 1

• 11 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Have got out of my car and left keys in my work bag and wondered why petrol door would not open realized that i had not taken keys with me so when i went to open door to get keys out the doors locked and so it locked the keys in my car and this has happened on 3 occasions so annoying so does anyone know why this happens 

Locked my keys in golf bag in boot with car doors locked (mirrors folded) put hand on boot latch and opened boot. Also with key in golf bag pocket on opposite side from car boot won't open, turn bag round and boot opens. When washing car with key in pocket doors lock and unlock with washing action, place key 10ft. away and doors stay locked/unlocked. Will try locking it in tomorrow, probably only possible by actively touching touching sensor but if you can lock it with key inside the car it means the key is being read and therefore stands to reason it will be read to unlock the car. I think the keyless signal is only about 3/6ft.