Towing caravan mtplm of 1100kg

JTYeti

I looked into the same situation some years ago. At the time I could find owners on the continent towing lightweight vans with the 1.2 engine. The conclusion was it would cope, but really you want more than that. If you want to stay with petrol I would advise you source the 1.4 engine as the 1.2 does not make the most of the Yeti's potential as a tow car. I ended up with the 110bhp 2.0L diesel and found it fine towing my 1200kg Eriba pop-top caravan. I sold this after nearly five years and now tow with a 1.5 petrol in an Audi A3. This engine is a development of the 1.4 used in the Yeti. This has 150bhp and is a wonderful engine for everyday and towing. It is very flexible with a wide torque range and near diesel economy. 

Colin