Travel Assist option on Scala

simondu43

Hello,

I would like to buy a Skoda Scala Style in France, with 1.5TSI 150 DSG and Travel Assist option. The Skoda car dealer is not able to give me specific details about this option (a shame for a Skoda retailer). So I am asking you :)

The Travel Assist option on Scala in France is built with Lane Assist + and ACC.

I would like the stop & go function in traffic jams. So my questions are :

- is the ACC able to perform Stop&Go in traffic jams ? I mean is it able to stop the vehicle, and to automatically restart it if the vehicle in front of me restart ?

- is the Lane Assist plus able to maintain the car in the middle of the road, or is it just a "stupid" system that performs a ping-pong between the left and right lanes ?

I would like a real level 2 autonomous drive like Golf 8 for example.

Thanks in advance.

2 hours ago, simondu43 said:

Lane Assist +

You don't want "Lane Enforce" anyway. It will try to force you to drive in the middle of lanes at all times, even when wear ruts plus standing water make driving to a side of the lane a safer option.

I can say that ACC is 0 to 210km witch means the car stop completely if there is traffic jam BUT the car will tell you to hold the brake. If you do not step on the stop pedal, the car will go forward by it self no matter if there is a car ahead or not (witch is absolutely crazy... They should have made it to turn it off instead of driving forward)

The lane assist does not do the ping pong effect. It turns your steering wheel to fix you in the middle, not from left to right and again and again. It is good for wide roads. I see a lot of ppl in UK complain about it, but I lived in UK and I know the roads there are really narrow and this confuse the whole system. In Sweden it works like a dream, without issues.