VCDS Members near Finchley/Barnet (North London)

Hey guys, new here! I looked on the members map for guys with VCDS near me, but most haven't posted in years and not getting a response. Is there anyone still active around here? My gear selector indicator on my 1.2tsi DSG has started flashing (yes yes mechatronic doom £50K new gearbox i get it) and i would like to find out what is going on! Thanks in advance!!

Meridion

• Like 1

p.s. my car has a pretty old battery. I read on a different forum that a member had fixed the flashing issue by getting a new battery. I guess i don't want to buy a new battery until i know for definite by VCDS that it isn't something serious and that i need to sell the car!! 

Also the car us on 84k miles, full service history but there is no sign of a gearbox service/oil change.

you don't need VCDS to diagnose the battery.........

You say "it's pretty old" ........ what do you mean, just it's age or it goes flat reguarly, poor starting etc ??

"if" the battery is suspect, then that can cause all sorts of issues and ideally needs fixing first and as you have read, that "may" well sort your problem.

29 minutes ago, UrbanPanzer said:

you don't need VCDS to diagnose the battery.........

You say "it's pretty old" ........ what do you mean, just it's age or it goes flat reguarly, poor starting etc ??

"if" the battery is suspect, then that can cause all sorts of issues and ideally needs fixing first and as you have read, that "may" well sort your problem.

Thanks for replying!!

The battery looks old, the green light that glows is not glowing and last week the car has been sat for 5 days and the battery had gone flat....jumper cables, car started, went on a motorway run and the battery has been fine ever since. The flashing gears have been since then as far as I know (I bought the car a week ago and never noticed it to be honest ). 

The battery does its job and starts the car every morning, but I don't know if that's enough. 

I was hoping the vcds would be able to clear the codes and the show if any pop back up and if it's gearbox relates?

Thanks 

16 minutes ago, AnnoyingPentium said:

Could you perhaps pinch a battery from another car to check? That would help with the processes of elimination.

That would be good, but unfortunately I've just moved into the area and don't really know anyone 😞

• Like 1