Smartlink shows Android auto & Mirrorlink but no CarPlay

Family member about to purchase a Fabia (68 plate 2018). Image on website (top image) shows Android Auto and Mirror link under Smartlink. No mention of CarPlay. Image below taken from Google shows CarPlay. Will this car be compatible with CarPlay or does it need functionality unlocking at a cost?  F6CCF12A-2813-4E43-A739-EE9C46CFA9C7.thumb.jpeg.2a333a68d8c6f8d0aef147aade287112.jpeghows   

My Mrs's 67 plate fabia has both we never paid for also when i got my 2015 octavia new it didnt have it but they released a software update which enabled it.

guess it should work might need a software update.

• Like 1

Very strange I would have assumed it was standard on a 68 plate unless the car is the very basic S spec but the head unit doesn’t look like the basic model. Could understand if it had neither android or carplay but the usually go hand in hand - I’ve never seen a head unit with one and not the other. 

Best bet is to call the dealer, odds are one of the salesman will have an iPhone available to test. 

• Like 1

Your 2018 infotainment unit looks like a "Swing". The specification shown in the user guide for build 07-2018

https://ws.skoda-auto.com/OwnersManualService/Data/en/Fabia_NJ/07-2018/Manual/Fabia/A06_Fabia_OwnersManual.pdf

as far as I can see it doesn't even mention Android auto in the Swing section, on page 112, it only shows

SmartLink+ menu settings
In the main SmartLink menu, tap on function surface .
Activate data transfer for ŠKODA apps- Activate/deactivate data transfer for
ŠKODA applications
MirrorLink® - Settings of the system MirrorLink®
Connect automatically via Bluetooth - Activate/deactivate the option of pairing
and connecting the external device via Bluetooth®
Allow MirrorLink® notification to be shown - Activate/deactivate the display of
Mirror link® application messages on the Infotainment screen

It might be worth asking @pab567 (maybe in the Bolero update thread) if he knows anything about the various Swing options - what updates if any are possible.

For instance the Swing in my 2017 Rapid has no Smartlink options at all.

Regards,

John H

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

The solution was to reset Smartlink to factory settings and the Apple CarPlay logo was then added to the Smartlink screen (between the Android Auto and Mirrorlink logos). Connecting the iPhone using USB cable then automatically initiated CarPlay connection.  

• Like 1