Rear wheel arch trim replacement, easy to DIY?

mk_83

I'm gutted, someone has pushed past our 2020 Kodiaq sport line, 2.0 TSI 4x4 and damaged the rear bumper, rear quarter panel and rear black plastic wheel arch trim. I'm speaking to body shops about the paintwork and dent, but wondered whether the plastic trim is a simple job to replace. Online they appear to sell for £50 or so, which isn't too horrendous. If it's just a case of undoing a few screws or bolts I'd rather do that myself. Has anyone done this before?

IMG_0432.thumb.jpeg.d246357d0717819676e05cc540c34aa9.jpeg

• 2 years later...

Haven't done the rear but suspect it'll be the same as the front.  First you have to remove the two screws at the bottom underneath - they secure the arch to the body / bumper. The plastic arch is then held onto the metal wing and door with plastic studs  - exactly same idea as removing a door card. A simple trim removal tool will do the job.

The bumper?  You'll need to look underneath the rear bumper but I think it's either plastic clips you pinch together or might be an L-shape clip you need to release. There should be about two or three of them. They'll only be simple plastic clips as it only securing plastic to plastic. There should be absolutley no force necessary to seperate those.

However if the repair centre is having to spray paint the whole area, I'd have thought it'd be as quick for them to remove it as mask it up.

hope that helps. 

KodiaqBumper.JPG.d9618997706a19a83c6f9cf9419bd3ba.JPG

Edited by kodiaqsportline

The arch trim piece at rear, I've broken multiple clips off the black plastic piece when removing it.  Be very very gentle when prising it off.