Kodiaq Heated Rear Seats - How do I turn them on?

And the dealer never picked this up at the PDI 😲  that's weird in itself.  How long have you had the car?

Have to say I've seen things being left off the order sheet by mistake but if it's been factory ordered and delivered with the wrong or missing options then that's unusual.

If it were me and they'd built the car with the front winter rather than the front + rear winter then I guess a very nice compensation offer would be acceptable. However if there was no winter pack in the front, they'd be ordering me a new car.

Good luck.

7 minutes ago, oliverreed2 said:

It's a VRS so as I read it the front is heated as standard.

Yes they are. Do you have the heated steering wheel then? There's a button on the wheel itself (left side, top right) for that.

I had spec'ed items missing from my factory order. The spec you sign for is then transcribed into the factory order system, so open to error. Quote below from communication with Skoda

"All orders are usually manually imputed by the sales admin staff at the retailer. This should reflect the order that the sales person has taken and discussed with the customer. The sales person, I believe should also check the order that has been placed correctly, as there is the opportunity for any amendments to be made, before the order is frozen for production by the factory. This is usually 2 weeks prior to build."

Although in my case one item was originally ordered and someone at the dealership later removed it! Missing spec was not apparently picked up at PDI. Suffice to say very unhappy with the dealership and no intention of ever going back. The missed spec was subsequently supplied, sort of, and not a big enough of a problem to cause me to reject the car.

If you're interested in finding out where things went wrong, I had a lot of help from Skoda Customer Services - [email protected] / [email protected].

• Love it! 1

1 hour ago, oliverreed2 said:

Yes, heated steering wheel button is there and tested working

So you have the winter pack (I assume you also have the heated windscreen button - middle/fan dial in the a/c controls, one of the buttons on there?)... just without heated rear seats.

Now it all depends on how much you love your passengers and whether or not it is that big a deal. You'll still be wanting a refund/compensation from the dealer, of course... but for me I really can't imagine rejecting the car over that, especially with how long it would probably be before a replacement turned up.

I doubt many on here would miss rear heated seats on VRS or Sportline trim and would be happy with decent compensation. If they only offered to refund the cost of the option, I'd simply ask them to order me a new one and say they can have your current car back when it arrives. 

It certainly shouldn't be treated as a rejection, they failed to supply what you ordered. Will be interesting to learn who's fault it is.       

There's two winter packs, similar codes, the wrong code was applied to my car. Human error at the dealership.

I've been refunded the difference and compensated adequately.

I'm satisfied with the situation and thank everyone with their advice and pointers.

• Like 1
  • Love it! 1