Speed limit on SE?

DSL

Does a bog-basic SE have speed limiting as part of the cruise control set-up?  Going to France next year and, as they have a fairly heavily enforced 50mph limit on single carriage roads, was looking to use the limited to drive at the limit and annoy as many locals as I could!

The car is tucked up in the garage and not going out for a while so can’t try it out, plus the manual isn’t that clear.  It mentions with GRA and without, but can’t find out what this GRA is.  Assuming I don’t have GRA, surely this just works the cruise control.  Or have I got this wrong.  Wouldn’t be the first time and deffo won’t be the last.  

A8B52C40-A635-4156-B984-DCB9594C5CFE.png

In your screenshot above, 2nd diagram down on the left, Button D. If you've got this button, and press it, the display between the clocks will allow you to cycle between GRA (known to us mere mortals as cruise control) and speed limiter.

Just now, SpeedyMango said:

In your screenshot above, 2nd diagram down on the left, Button D. If you've got this button, and press it, the display between the clocks will allow you to cycle between GRA (known to us mere mortals as cruise control) and speed limiter.

(note Button D in the above is under your right thumb on the steering wheel)

Yes it's great fun to poodle along a 80kmh, I just engage cruise control - as show above.

Mind you, a lot of the 80's that were once 90's have changed back again, this has now become a local decision, which makes it even more confusing!

I remember the traffic piling up behind me on last few trips to France when I pootled along at 90kph to try and comply.  Eventually made the exec decision to up the speed to 100kph as keeping to 90kph was resulting in more aggressive (than usual) driving from the “local” drivers to the point that their overtaking was becoming more and more dangerous.  Of course that was before the cameras appeared, and well before the tickets followed through to home.

Re limited vs CC, agreed re using CC but sometimes easier to have the limiter engaged, plus MrsDSL is not a fan of CC abut wouldn’t have a problem with the limiter.

4 hours ago, DSL said:

And well before the tickets followed through to home.

Ah Oui!

I got done south of Bordeaux a couple of years ago, going into roadworks from 110kmh down to 90.

I wasn’t much over and got a fine of €40 if paid promptly.

They have an aggressive charging scale, if you are well over fines can be extreme.

At least I didn’t have to pay the roadside bobby!

Rumour has it that since Brexit the European nations no longer have access to the DVLC database and therefore cannot pursue absent offenders.

I am not minded to test this theory.

Wohoooooo, got it working, thanks all!!  Bit fiddly with it reverting back to CC when switched off (I think) but nothing I can’t cope with.👍

1 hour ago, DSL said:

Wohoooooo, got it working, thanks all!!  Bit fiddly with it reverting back to CC when switched off (I think) but nothing I can’t cope with.👍

Yeh... all versions do that now. It's a pain as I used to leave my Golf set to Speed Limiter rather than CC, but now I'm used to it, it's just part of the start up routine with set driving mode etc.

Chris

Agreed, will be very useful once I get in the way of changing it.  Now got 2 things to do after starting, kill Stop/Start then switch CC to SL where I won’t be on roads suitable for said CC.

Tried it (SL) on the A3 passing Guildford, the speed averaging downhill stretch.  Steep enough to speed up on CC, held it bang on 50mph.  Happy days. 👍