Taking my 1.0tsi to 150bhp...maybe?!

Greenline3Matt

So in an idea born out of boredom during lockdown I am going to see if I can get my 1.0tsi Seat Toledo (Rapid in disguise) to 150bhp. Just to be clear this is more for fun than a serious attempt of extracting POWER from the poor little 3 pot. I actually drive the car in economy most of the time but who doesn't want a little more poke?! 

So the car will be 3 years old on Friday so now is a good time to have a play. I already had the car remapped to 143bhp so the search is for another 7bhp!

After some digging around, and not wanting to spend too much money I have purchased a Pipercross panel filter and a Racingline turbo elbow. I'm also having the car lowered on a set of Pi springs to get rid of the 'I'm on stilts' look. 

The car will have a before and after dyno (Different dyno to before) so we'll get to see any improvements. I'm hoping the magic 150bhp will be eclipsed but we'll have to wait and see. 

The big day is tomorrow so not long to wait. I'll add some pictures of how the car sits now and do some after pictures to show the drop. I'll be sure to show the dyno graphs as well. 

IMG_20211124_142837.jpg

IMG_20211124_142902.jpg

IMG_20211124_142910.jpg

IMG_20211124_142858.jpg

12 hours ago, roottoot said:

?

Are the spark plugs replaced or at least checked and gaped correctly?

Is it brimmed with E5 99 ron Minimum  go go juice?

It only runs on V Power so that helps it along. 

It's probably on the original plugs, maybe I'll get them checked out 👍