SD card alternatives

gwm97e

I used to have an SD card in the Amundsen in my Octavia, very useful on holiday trips to France and Germany when whatever the locals are broadcasting doesn't quite meet our tastes.  I've now got a Scala, with Bolero and android auto, what would be the best and most elegant way of playing music off my phone if I stuck it all on there ?

Does your new car have USB-C sockets instead? If so I would recommend storing your music files on a small USB-C memory stick instead. 

One of these: MyMemory 128GB Dual USB-C & USB 3.1 Flash Drive - 200MB/s £22.99 - Free Delivery | MyMemory is small enough to fit under the sliding cover in my Karoq, and has a standard USB port at the other end to plug into a PC. 

Chris

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, gwm97e said:

it does, but ('scuse my ignorance), how would i play the music

OK... I was assuming your Bolero has a Media button? If so it will find the music files on the USB memory chip and play them in the way your Octavia used to find the files on the SD card. 

Chris

Oooooooh, never looked at that until now. I've dug out a USB-c USB-a converter cabled and a Cruzer memory stick, but no joy, not recognized in either of the usb sockets, but flipping check, USB-c memory sticks seem ridiculously cheap atm 

Don't know about the Bolero, but in my Amundsen, you can save genres, albums, artists or songs as favourites for an instant selection too :) 

Chris