1.8 TSI CDAA (Well documented High Oil Consumption) - Can I straight swap it for a new GEN 3 EA888?

Neal_R

Hi all,

Would really like some feedback on this - it relates to the ongoing oil consumption issue plaguing certain Gen 2 EA888s (Poorly designed piston rings)

I know there is an ongoing sticky thread with some great advice on there but I'd love some information on replacement engines.

If anybody can advise on the best route to take - whether to source a new engine (not sure if this can be done without being a registered company within the trade?) and have it replaced or to drop a newer, compatible version of an EA888 that doesnt have this oil ring issue?

My engine is 1.8 CDAA 118KW 4x4s 6-Speed in an 2010 Octavia scout

Ideally, if I'm spending thousands replacing the engine I want to upgrade to the most powerful and reliable I can get for my money - all ideas welcome.

Can I put a 2.0L engine in there (with other systems upgraded and addressed accordingly) or is the 2.0 completely different?

Opinions (as well as advice) welcome, but if we can keep the shoulda woulda coulda to a minimum, I'd appreciate the help.