'SOS Emergency call restricted Workshop' What's it mean and is there a fix?

denbodenn

Hi

I have had my Scala since June and I am really pleased with everything about it. 

Today when I started it for the third time, it came up with 'SOS Emergency call restricted Workshop!' message, with the yellow triangle below it and the normally green SOS light now becoming red.

Does anyone know why this is happening, what it means and more importantly, what I can do to remedy the problem?

I have read different threads on the Briskoda forums but there does not seem to be a definitive answer to cure this.

Many thanks

I had my control module replaced but the solution will depend on exactly what the problem is, do you have the ability to read the fault codes?

I included the full details at the end of this thread:

Brand new Scala SOS emergency call fault

Edited by airhaddock
typo
  • Like 1

• 1 year later...

I have just had this problem after a low battery warning. I took it to local auto electrician who put it on the analyser, did a reset, and now all clear. The seat settings had also been corrupted!

• 1 month later...
6 hours ago, AlphaMike said:

I have this problem but taking it to a garage will cost some 100€. Would rather avoid.

Can you be more specific?

If it is red, this can commonly occur when the car's battery has become low.  *not saying this is the cause, but it could well be.

Also, have you been able to connect a diagnostic device to read faults from your car?