Skoda octavia mk3 2017 replacement screenwash bottle

Darm

Hi can someone tell me if you are able to replace screenwash bottle from under passenger wheel arch or does front bumper and headlamp need to come off I currently I'm losing fluid daily but can still operate washers have checked passenger footwell and boot and is dry so don't think it's a loose pipe I presume it will be cracked bottle thanks for any info😬20211227_135317.thumb.jpg.aa1d3c9b02f3e1314589b7f23df1154a.jpg

20211224_083228.jpg

• 1 month later...

Well just got round to solving the leaking screenwash bottle issue!

It was a split pipe at bottom of the pump the corrugated/ribbed pipe. Now new part was priced at £32,But would mean bumper off and on poss headlight so went for repair

I was just going to disconect as I think its the headlamp washers could live without tbh but was advised that it could possibly cause issues with ecu/management light being disconnected

Now for a laugh priced job at skoda dealership was quoted around 4/5 hrs labour at £99+vat bumper off on solve fix then wheel alignment and recalibration for bumper being took off  looking at 1k to fix a screenwash bottle on a 67 plate taxi 🙈😆

Well have went with wheel off and inner arch liner managed to get access to use waterproof bonding tape on pipe so far so good screenwash not leaking and low washer fluid light off as it's a fail on a taxi test any warning lights so needed fix fingers cross it works 

• Like 1

Oh right I presumed as both windscreen washers in operation that would be a pass as not all cars have the feature of headlamp washers

I presume my mechanic would have picked up on that as he's a mot tester I'm just glad I've managed to solve the issue cheaply hopefully see me thru till taxi test 

On 29/01/2022 at 21:22, Darm said:

Oh right I presumed as both windscreen washers in operation that would be a pass as not all cars have the feature of headlamp washers

The MOT guidelines say that if headlamp washers are fitted they must work to pass the MOT, even if the car has halogen headlamps (that don't require headlamp washers) - as I found out with my Elegance which had headlamp washers with halogen headlamps.