Tan, Alcantara and Apple Directions

Hi All

I see you can now finally get a tan interior for the Superb (at last) has anyone got it / seen it ? Just wondered how well it wears

I also see there is a pricey Alcantara headline option, has anyone bothered ?  I wouldn't except the tan only comes with the light headlining and the usual dark fabric is not allowed as a combination option

Finally I know the latest Enyaq has this feature  but I just wondered if it had made it to the Superb yet. When navigating with Apple Maps do you get turn directions on the driver display ? I have seen it in the very latest base Polo which I think is the same base system, so if not hopefully it is not too far away

Thanks

I can't comment on the interior questions but I was very happy the other week to notice that Apple Maps in our 2022MY Superb was giving dashboard directions. This is with an iV SE L and Virtual Cockpit.

I always used Waze beforehand but I was struggling to find a location, tried Apple maps and then realised I was getting the turn directions! There are a couple of quirks like the exit from a motorway being shown as a right turn instead of left, but otherwise it is all accurate.

Brilliant that is good to know

Which iPhone do you have ?

I still have an iPhone 6+ (I will upgrade one day!)  and Apple Maps worked wirelessly in the loan Polo great except if you made a wrong turn the main display would update OK but the virtual cockpit display would get stuck on "recalculating" and you would have to stop/start Apple navigation again to get it to show the arrows. Have you seen anything like this ?

Thanks

I was rocking a 6+ until recently as well but made the big leap to a 13 Pro when it was released.

Wireless CarPlay has been flawless (touch wood) in the month I have had the car and I haven't noticed any issues with the directions getting stuck after a wrong turn. I went on a 500 mile journey this weekend and made a couple of wrong turns so I would have probably noticed... although there is no guarantee!

Funny I was going to upgrade this last year but then had a bereavement and a load of other things and just at that point my 6+ touch screen decided to go yampy

I went to the Apple shop and after about a half hour conversation managed to get a brand new 6+ for £90

Apple got a lot of stick for the original design but whenever I am handed a new iPhone to take a photo or whatever they do feel a bit like a house brick by comparison. How are you finding it ? Used to it yet ?

I will have to upgrade soon as more and more apps are dropping iOS12 support

Finally to bring it back on topic I think (from somewhere on here) the iV had a new/different wiring loom when it came out does anyone else here have a non iV that has wireless Apple Carplay ? i.e. has it made it to the rest of the 21/22 range ?

Thanks

On 06/01/2022 at 14:17, MiniEggs said:

Funny I was going to upgrade this last year but then had a bereavement and a load of other things and just at that point my 6+ touch screen decided to go yampy

I went to the Apple shop and after about a half hour conversation managed to get a brand new 6+ for £90

Apple got a lot of stick for the original design but whenever I am handed a new iPhone to take a photo or whatever they do feel a bit like a house brick by comparison. How are you finding it ? Used to it yet ?

I will have to upgrade soon as more and more apps are dropping iOS12 support

Finally to bring it back on topic I think (from somewhere on here) the iV had a new/different wiring loom when it came out does anyone else here have a non iV that has wireless Apple Carplay ? i.e. has it made it to the rest of the 21/22 range ?

Thanks

Have a March ‘21 non-iV with wireless CarPlay. Sits in the tray charging wirelessly and connecting wirelessly. All good

Thanks. That is good to hear

is the charge tray big enough for a max phone ? Does it get overly warm on a long journey?

when navigating with Apple Maps does it transfer the speed limit to the driver display or just the turn directions? 

One day i’m sure it will show the full map but I think they are all waiting for google to do dual screen so as not to be seen to favour one over the other