Sony Xplod and Fabia

hi all, ive got a Sony Xplod HU, and i've been having some trouble with it. the thing is, it works flawlessly on my dad's Octy, but when we try to put it into mine it just does not want to work there is no life whatsoever!

it has really got me confused!! why does it work in one skoda and not in another??

can anyone advise?? thanks, jason

Loose connection somewhere.

Did you chop the wires to make it work with the crossed permanant and switch power supplies? If so check these connections. If you used an auto leads thing make sure it is all connected properly.

If the all of this has no effect then the unit suddenly springs into life send it back for exchange as I had one do this for a while then fail totally.

failing the fuse in the headunit the sony units have a hard reset button somewhere on the front located on or behind the facia.

Behind the fascia, need a pen or somthing similar to press it in

i checked it on the fabia after we got it to work on the octy again but still we cold'nt get it to work on the fabia, although the ymphony works with no problems. but i need a cd player

Try the head unit in the other car again to confirm it still works.

After that you will have to make sure that all of the leads are correctly wired. The main thing is to make sure you have swapped the switched and permanant live as they are reveresed in skodas.

I would install the cabling and then push the unit in just enough to hold it so you can't snag any wires. Try it and if it doewsn't work put the key in the ignition turn it on and then try turning the sony on. That should help track your problems.

• 2 years later...

Hi

I have bough the same HU and installed it, it worked fine for half a cd then just turned off and wont come back to life,

Did anyone find the acctual problem with the above,

I put my old stock HU back in and now its saying SAFE then 1000 when i turn it on and will not do anything.

Ive checked everyfuse and they are all fine.

To the above poster, maybe you need to put in the 4 (i think) digit code in order to allow your head unit to work with your car.

About the Sony, i had a MEX-BT3600U fitted in my Fabia and it worked perfectly, got the guy at Halfords to fit it though as they were offering free fitting. To be honest, i think it will purely be the fuse thats popped or you haven't switched the live wires around (i remember the bloke at halfords doing that).