Question about retrofitting cruise control.

Flobac

Hi, I bought a cruise control retrofit kit, part number BEA 400 002 to install in my Fabia. Everything is installed and I now have to connect the wires for the cruise control.

My issue is that I don't know where to plug the cables. I have a red one and a black one with a pin at the end.

The manual says to connect the black wire to the T11a / PIN 10, and the red wire to the "terminal +15".

From what I've read it should be a white socket on the cross wall, but pin 10 of my white socket is already busy.

I read that it could be PIN 6 on the red plug, but I have no idea.

I'll take better pictures tomorow of the plugs that I have. These are the plugs located behind the instrument cluster.

IMG_2655.png

And this is the wiring loom that I got.

52ebaf4cd5498.jpg

Thanks.

T11b/6 (red 11-way) plug seems correct for your engine.

Plenty of options for picking up a terminal 15 ignition switched feed. The black/yellow wire from fuse 14 to t11c/2 (blue 11 way at firewall) for example. It also tees off to the ECU relay.

Ok so T11b/6 the correct one for my car, and I'll have to connect the red wire to any wire with a terminal 15 ignition switched feed.

I got a better picture of the red plug. Since I can't clearly see from this picture, I guess that pin 6 would be the one I circled in white ?

Now I need to find a way to remove the plug, it's really hard to do anything because of where they are located.

Is there a way to remove the relay holder to have a better access to these plugs ? Or any other way ?

IMG_2667-min-min.thumb.jpg.6014fc6152b12e508c718c0da83e9f24.jpg

Yes, I think that's the right position.  Can you not just push the new crimp/wire into that orifice? It should latch into the connector around the same time it mates with its opposite gender partner in the other half of the connector; I would think?

I tried to do as you told me but without success. I don't know why, but I can't get it to lock into the plug and I don't want to break the cable.

I will have some free time next week to try to remove the plug, it will be harder that way but I think it is the safest solution.

There may be a plastic locking mechanism that stops contacts going inward or outward until it is moved aside. Only accessible with connector unplugged, probably. 

Sorry, I didn't think of that earlier. 

Yes, there is a purple plastic locking mechanism, but that could have been a great solution. Unfortunately, it seems to prevent pin insertion as well.

Edited by Flobac