Data Transfer message

OvetGenix

Hi 

had my ('71) car for a few months now, and while its a lovely car to drive, and I love the interior, etc there are some annoying quirks that "bug" me?

One is USB playlists don't resume.... but another one that is really annoying is this message that pops up randomly.

image.png.9e9d28112d4610b5245d3d2b231d3b25.png 

I emailed Skoda customer services and explained it pops up everytime I set off in the car - they told me this, and I quote from the email

Me: "Everytime I get in the car I am presented with some sort of message saying that I am sharing my location, how do I stop this irritating message."

Skoda: "Sharing your location will be synchronised with MyŠKODA when you are registered, to stop sharing now go to settings > Privacy > turn off share location."

So I set it to, what I gather is "Maximum Privacy" using the pull down tray at the top of the screen, however it still pops up this irritating message

Can any one advise me how to stop this message, it does not need to tell me every time I get in the car. does no one actually test these things when developing the software?

Kind regards

4 hours ago, OvetGenix said:

had my ('71) car for a few months now...
I can't use the MySkoda app or website as I cannot set it up due to only having one key

When I collected my 71 plate Karoq in November it originally came with just one key as I was told Skoda are having a bit of a shortgage with keys at the moment. So I also had to wait to setup 'MySkoda'. I received my second key a couple of weeks later and everything is setup now.

Have you chased your dealer for the second key?

Yes, I have emailed the Dealer and got a phone call back to say they would chase it and let me know when they hear anything. 

So I emailed Skoda to ask how to get rid of this message, and when will I get my second key and was given the usual excuses semiconductor shortage etc etc and that it will  be with me as soon as possible but they cannot say when.

• Like 1