Headlight Bulb Replacement

Just bought a couple pairs of H7 Philips WhiteVision Ultra's to replace both dipped and main beam headlights to give them a whiter, cleaner look.

Got as far as taking the headlight cap off and found some back lever looking thing in there that isn't mentioned anywhere in any owners manual I've seen. Before I start pulling it can someone please tell me what exactly it is?

And also any tips before I go to changing the bulbs would be great, from what I've seen doesn't look like it'll be easy.

Thanks😁

From past posts of early owners ( mine is 2015) changeing the bulbs is not easy. I got the garage to swap my original bulbs for Osram H7 night breakers 5 years ago. Its only a guess but the lever looks as if it could be to change the beam for continental driving. 

Typically nowadays, the easy way is to remove the headlight assembly, normally there will be just a few screws that need removing and the headlight is then forced/pushed forward out of its mounting in its carrier, and then out, refitting it into the same position should be possible but that might not mean that the head/dip bulb position is back in its original position due to slight differences in bulb assembly, so I'm guessing that Skoda will advise that this is always a workshop task - but that does not seem to tie in with "all cars mandated light bulbs must be able to be replaced at the roadside". 

My wife has a 2015 VW Polo and I have removed both headlights and checked how to replace any bulbs in its headlight assembly even although the main/dip and DRL are LED.

Edited by rum4mo
Spelling!!!

That's exactly it, even after reading that thread AGFalco, after I had a go myself at trying to change the bulbs it would be so much easier just taking the whole headlight out just like rum said, so think I'll have a look tomorrow and see if a few screws can take out the headlight, hope I don't have to take the entire bumper off like I just watched someone else do on a YT vid of an older model😫😖🥴

23 hours ago, Mattn00b said:

That's exactly it, even after reading that thread AGFalco

Headlights don't come out easily on the Mk III.

Are you local to N Dorset?

Thanks. AG Falco

• 1 year later...