lights on warning chime not working

The warning chime that chimes if you leave the parking lights ( indicator left up or down) or lights on no longer chimes.

Any ideas would it be  the actual chime/ buzzer itself has failed is there another reason like relay failure?

P.S I am waiting for the low fuel light to come on to see if the chime works for that

Ah, that's good info.

Check for broken wires in the A-pillar to driver's door rubber boot if you haven't already.

The relevant wire is possibly broken.  What year is the car?

If not, it's probably a fault with the doo lock module 'door open' microswitch, or the soldering of the connector to the circuit board inside the module.  Replacement lock is the quickest fix. 

• Like 1

2007 , I will disconnect and spray door loom connector with contact cleaner first, do you know the colour of the wire that might be broken, what is involved in replacing loom with a new (longer I believe) part?

Thin brown wire with yellow stripe, going to pin 4 of the 28-way connector at the a-pillar.

It's much more likely to be a broken wire or lock module than a dirty connection, so I doubt contact cleaner will help, but nothing to lose if you have some.

If it's only one or two broken wires I would repair rather than replace loom.

Wires breaking here is an extremely common fault in the mk2, so someone will guide you through loom repair or replacement if it is necessary.

Being soft, you could just try popping the bellows open, looking for a broken wire and then just "Wedging" the two sides together, whilst having the lights on... That might just be enough to give you your desired "Ping". Then you will know where you stand!

• Like 1