Amundsen+ navigation

Broady1947

I have just purchased a 2012 Skoda Yeti with the Amundsen+ navigation system. The map was out of date so I have bought an SD card with updated maps. I am trying out the system by trying to select addresses in Spain that I know exist but I can't find them. UK addresses no problem. Any suggestions.

This might be a stupid question, but are you choosing spain as the country? hang on a mo whilst i go and hide myself!!! 😄    

Edited by Frenchtone
  • Haha 1

Have you downloaded the latest map off the Skoda website? (just a thought)

Update portal (skoda-auto.com)

I have just downloaded the latest map onto computer, then I transfer to the SD card.

(or am I missing something?)

Edited by Carlodiesel

^    maps for the amundsen+ are updated by preprepared sd cards they are not downloadable!

I had probs with french names, are there any accents etc as per french names/ If so you can call up the accents, here a la frog there are acute, grave etc over the e, just continue to press the letter and a list of accents appears to allow a choice, push the accent and try continuing   ---   I hope this makes sense! And then your name may appear in lists  controlled by the scrolling block on the lhs of the screen.

Edited by Frenchtone

After hours of trying to find addresses I have finally sorted out how to input addresses (especially in Spain). It seems that in the data base of towns and streets they do not appear  as expected i.e. part of the street name may be in a different order. The same applies with towns with more than one word in the name of the town. So with a lot of trial and error I think I have got it sorted. 

• 2 weeks later...

Not exactly a reply, with apologies! My satnav is out of date but it seems to have a sim card installed, how do I remove the sim card in order install an up-dated one, please?

There is no exposed edge. There is a flap of rubber covering the slot and something solid behind it.  I'm a bit reluctant to push against whatever it is behind the rubber - or am I just being over cautious? 

52 minutes ago, Frenchtone said:

^  I don't understand the rubber cover statement!!

Unless he is only gently pushing it in it will have "give" to perhaps feel like rubber but just not pushing hard enough to get to the release.