Lift kit for Fabia mk1

Kharl

3 hours ago, KeithCheetham said:

Reducing the pressure will reduce the rolling diameter which is like putting on lowering springs. How about more suitable front tyres at full pressure with the best rolling diameter being found from a tyre calculator.

You are right, but for my case the situationes where i have need traction ui use to have good ground clearance or the terrain is plain, just some mood, or water or wet dirt roads or in the sand.

On 22/02/2022 at 14:44, KeithCheetham said:

All this talk of wheel diameter and tyre wall aspect ratio's can never resolve the ultimate issue of compromised ground clearance and will just confuse matters if the OP is considering a 40mm lift

5 hours ago, KeithCheetham said:

How about more suitable front tyres at full pressure with the best rolling diameter being found from a tyre calculator.

Game keeper turned poacher - I couldn't let this blatant drop in standards go unreprimanded.  😁

On 21/02/2022 at 12:29, Kharl said:

On 21/02/2022 at 12:29, Kharl said:

i do lot of travel out of the road, and sometimes the car hits a lot the ground due the lack of clearance, i know i should have another vehicle for that purpose...

18 hours ago, Kharl said:

i build a metal guard for the lower part of the engine from a 5mm aluminum piece, about the grip f the tires, i lower the tire pressure to 20psi and thats fine.

4 hours ago, nta16 said:

Game keeper turned poacher - I couldn't let this blatant drop in standards go unreprimanded.  😁

Kharls 1st post was regarding ground clearance, which in the later post changed to lack of traction and reducing tyre pressure to try and overcome this - therefore reducing rolling diameter/ground clearance. As with many posts, lack of clarity of actual/all issues results in re-assessment of resolutions later. This is why on my site visits to refineries or oil rigs with issues, I always talk to the machinery operators to obtain a full and true detailed report of what is actually wrong, and why I often list extended questions in posts on here - Root Cause Analysis.

• 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...
On 10/09/2022 at 17:21, Smithy6n said:

I did a lift on mine 40mm tema4x4 spacers front and rear and roomster rear springs, the body needed a trim to fit the tyres 😂

9F957D3F-8081-40C5-A1CE-45D3CF74DEB8.png

A4435B67-0CD3-4630-A50B-B9CC2614B290.jpeg

4605AED9-4BC5-411C-97B8-A1910B6B4DB0.jpeg

What is the tire size on that?