Service items and charges

stephmobile

I had a Yeti several years ago and now have a 13 plate Laurent and Klement DSG, with only 23000 miles on it. The previous car was 2 wheel drive and the current one is 4 x 4, and is now due for a service. Although I have signed up for a service scheme with my very local main dealer,I am being quoted the best part of £1000 , mainly made up of oil and filter changes ( if required) for the gearbox and Haldex and £600 for the timing belt. As the car has such a low mileage for the year are these charges valid, on an age basis or are they correct, in which case why were they not included in the service scheme? 
I have the service booked for next Tuesday but will postpone it as have picked up the dreaded covid 19, will give me a chance to sort this out. 

The DSG is not due until 40,000 miles so that is £215 not required paying.   The Haldex at 3 years / 30,000 miles is around £115 if they do correctly with the filter.    The brake fluid £65.   So what has already been done? Last time.    Service previously.    ......  You need oil and filter change, maybe air and fuel filter. Maybe pollen filter.  Maybe various stuff depending on the service history and work done.  Are they saying the water pump needs replacing?   Or is it just a timing belt the person said?

Edited by roottoot

8 hours ago, stephmobile said:

I have signed up for a service scheme with my very local main dealer,I am being quoted the best part of £1000

How long is the service agreement for?

Thanks for the replies. The charges quoted don't seem too severe in view of what you have said, except the £215 for the DSG , but as the car is now 9 years old perhaps it is a time related thing? The usual price , as quoted by them, for the cam belt  and water pump change is well over the  £600 they are quoting at the moment.

I have delayed the service now anyway due to the dreaded Covid 19 infection.