Help needed. Oil pressure light problem.

HI, i bought few months ago skoda superb 1.8T 2004 (automatic) and recently while i was driving about (20km) the red oil light came on, i stopped and after awhile i cheked oil levels and they were topped and allgood.

We then changed oil and oil filter and read and cleared codes and then i drove for 2 weeks from home to work (10km) and back with no issues whatsoever and then i drove little longer about (20km) and the red oil pressure light came on again but the car does not make any weird sounds or anything. Next weekend we are going to change thermostat bc it seems to be broken bc the car runs in 70celcius only and change oil pressure sensor.

Has anyone had problems like this? 

Sorry for the bad english im from Finland :D

4 hours ago, Spesiaali said:

change thermostat bc it seems to be broken bc the car runs in 70celcius only and change oil pressure sensor.

I agree about the thermostat; I'd expect that to read ~90C after 10km.

The oil pressure sensor is possible, and easier and cheaper than the oil pickup in the sump. What sort of mileage is the car on, and how long since the last oil change?

1 hour ago, KenONeill said:

I agree about the thermostat; I'd expect that to read ~90C after 10km.

The oil pressure sensor is possible, and easier and cheaper than the oil pickup in the sump. What sort of mileage is the car on, and how long since the last oil change?

Hi! Thank you for replying. 295000km and oil we changed when the light came on the first time like 2 weeks ago. i bought mobil 5w30 esp oil and original oil filter. Next weekend we are supposed to change thermostat and oil pressure sensor if it does not take too long.

16 minutes ago, Spesiaali said:

oil pressure sensor if it does not take too long

Well, as I say, I'd change the sensor before the pickup, because it's a way faster and cheaper job. Given the mileage, if the sensor or pickup don't sort it, my 3rd thought would be to change the oil pump. If you have to go that length, get a standard one or one that's described as "high flow"; high pressure pumps are a waste of money (because they cost more) and power (because they're driven by the engine).