Automatic Handbrake Issue??

Hi,

Just had my car tested, and when I got home my handbrake does not activate with the break pedal. It still works fine with the switch.

This happened recently with a BCM failure and was fixed with replacement BCM.

Is there a setting I can use to reset system to use the foot brake again? I can get a lend of VCDS if needed.

Thanks.

Have you switched off 'Autohold'?    If so switch it back on and see what happens with the parking brake. 

Here the briskoda community have gone on to prove me wrong by showing that the e-brake / parking brake will not automatically apply if Autohold has been switched off.

http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/502666-electric-parking-brake

Edited by roottoot
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, roottoot said:

Have you switched off 'Autohold'?    If so switch it back on and see what happens with the parking brake. 

Here the briskoda community have gone on to prove me wrong by showing that the e-brake / parking brake will not automatically apply if Autohold has been switched off.

http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/502666-electric-parking-brake

Why would you expect it to work when it's turned off? Confused.com🤔🤔