Octavia 2018 FL .. internal lighting query

Hi,

I have recently bought a second hand Octavia 2018 SE Technology estate, very nice car. Very happy with it.

There is one thing which I can't seem to fathom out though.  When I get home at night, I park up, put the car in Park (its an Auto) and then press the button to turn off the ignition and the cabin is then in total darkness.

The rocker switch for the interior lights is in the central position (as it says to in the manual).  Lights are on Auto.  Coming / leaving home is set to 10 seconds in the head unit.

The interior lights only seem to come on when I open the door to get out, which is less than ideal as normally i'd get my keys and stuff ready before I opened the door but with the cabin being dark (and the headlights have gone off) I can't see them.

Surely the interior lights should illuminate when I turn the ignition off until I open the door to get out?

The manual states:

Automatic operation - position
The system is turned on when any of the following is present.
The vehicle is unlocked.
One of the doors is opened.
The ignition key is removed.
The system is turned off when any of the following is present.
The vehicle is locked.
The ignition is switched on.
About 30 seconds after all the doors have been closed.

Is this because I have KESSY and the ignition key is technically not removed?  Anything you think I need to check or is this just how it works?

Thanks,

Slick2097

12 hours ago, aki78 said:

This is how it works with KESSY.

Door not (yet) opened = ‘key in’

Door opened = ‘key removed’

I thought so, its a bit of a design flaw really.  I#m pretty sure my Golf Estate (2015) that I had, DSG and KESSY, would illuminate the cabin when put into park and the engine turned off... I just assumed this would do the same.

Thanks for the confirmation.

Slick297.

16 hours ago, Vahids said:

For me with normal key the interior lights are turned on as soon as I remove the keys from the ignition. 

Thanks, that how I would expect it to work to be honest, but for me, if you have turned off the ignition with the button, surely the car would "assume" you are getting out and illuminate the cabin temporarily? 

No worries, again, thanks for the update.  Looks like its a quirk i'll have to just get used to :)

3 minutes ago, Slick2097 said:

I thought so, its a bit of a design flaw really.  I#m pretty sure my Golf Estate (2015) that I had, DSG and KESSY, would illuminate the cabin when put into park and the engine turned off... I just assumed this would do the same.

Thanks for the confirmation.

Slick297.

Bad form to quote yourself but i've just remembered that my Golf did not have KESSY and i've not hit the post count to allow me to edit yet, so ignore that comment above.  My Focus (2018) I have just swapped from did have KESSY and used to perform like I have stated previously, not the Golf.