Any ideas what the problem might be with a rear o/s door not locking/unlocking on my 2016 Skoda Yeti?

Beena

A couple of weeks ago my rear o/s door started to randomly not unlock when using the central locking remote. I was having to reach inside and open it. I was going to get it looked at when it went in for it's MOT last week but it randomly decided to start working again so I left it. I started noticing in the last few days that when I lock the car I can hear the locking mechanism working on that door but it is rapidly clunking like it is struggling to lock......which today I discovered is what seems to be happening. Whilst driving to the supermarket I could hear the lock constantly trying to engage and I'm guessing it was trying to lock itself automatically, as it does when you pull away after started up. When I got home I locked the car and tried the back door and sure enough it was unlocked.
Any ideas on this? Faulty lock perhaps?

Common VAG fault with several possible causes ranging from broken wires in the loom in the door jamb area, another known fault is the door module itself. 

When the door is next open please ensure the child lock system is OFF as the lock will totally fail at some point, and if this happens with the child lock on you are in a world of trouble. 

Wires in the door jamb can be checked for damage easily by pulling off the rubber bellows. 

Checking the lock involves removing the door card, inner door hanger, door glass and outside handle - to be honest if you go to this much hassle just have a replacement handy and swap it over anyway!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, b1ackb1rd said:

Common VAG fault with several possible causes ranging from broken wires in the loom in the door jamb area, another known fault is the door module itself. 

When the door is next open please ensure the child lock system is OFF as the lock will totally fail at some point, and if this happens with the child lock on you are in a world of trouble. 

Wires in the door jamb can be checked for damage easily by pulling off the rubber bellows. 

Checking the lock involves removing the door card, inner door hanger, door glass and outside handle - to be honest if you go to this much hassle just have a replacement handy and swap it over anyway!

Thanks for the response. I think I’ll just take it to the dealers in that case.