Autoglass cut cable

I had a new windscreen fitted on Wednesday, whilst I was at work.  When I got home,  upon checking out the work that had been done, I refitted my dash cam to the screen and turn on the ignition to check all was ok.   All was ok, with the dash cam, but not the car..  Fault: Automatic Headlights.  Checked the sensor from the outside all good, looked up whilst seated back in the car to see wires poking out!  The black protective sheath and all the wires going to the sensor on the windscreen have been severed!  I contacted Autoglass on Thursday morning, and am currently awaiting someone to call me back.  My question is does anyone have a wiring diagram of where this cable runs once it goes into the headlining, as I can only feel the cables for the rear view mirror.  

I would have thought that if Autoglass are at fault it is there problem to fix.  You shouldn't need to worry about a wiring diagram.  If they can't fix it say to them they need to send it to the main dealer to be fixed. 

• Like 2

^^^^ What he said, 100%.

What you don’t accept is for them to scotchlok them with a bit of cable; you want a new connection to the sensor unit. Thats what happens when you send an untrained tech to do a job like this.

Also check they’ve fitted the bottom of the screen correctly too. I saw a Superb a few weeks ago, which had its heated screen replaced and it’d been fitted using so much bond that 2/3rds of it was 3mm proud of the plenum shroud, which meant the NS of the screen from top to bottom could not possibly have been fitted correctly. That was an Autoglass bodge too. 

You are in for a roller coaster....

Dont let them repair it. You want it to go to a garage and the garage will carry out a suitable repair. If they do it, they will bodge it. Personally I would have a main dealer do it using their documented and approved repair techniques. 

I had a windscreen company cause over £5000 by the end of its worth of damage to my Superb.

The cables run across both pillars and down to the footwells, they are part of the complete interior wiring loom so cant be purchased seperately so need repairing properly. 

Also, dont let them try and say its not their fault the cables shouldnt of been there, it is their fault and make sure you fight it. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, numskull said:

Also check they’ve fitted the bottom of the screen correctly too. I saw a Superb a few weeks ago, which had its heated screen replaced and it’d been fitted using so much bond that 2/3rds of it was 3mm proud of the plenum shroud, which meant the NS of the screen from top to bottom could not possibly have been fitted correctly. That was an Autoglass bodge too. 

I dont even doubt this for a second. The windscreen companies make pennies on the job so they employ the cheapest idiots to do the work and then force them to rush the job.

For mine they took 4 hours to fit a screen that should of taken max an hour. They then tried to cover the damage up with windscreen adhesive. Turns out they broke the a pillar trims, scuttle trims, took paint off both a pillars and the roof edge and also damaged the bonnet. Not to mention the windscreen being completely wonky.

My advise to the OP, go over the windscreen area with a fine tooth comb, there will be more issues than youve mentioned. Make sure they put it all right. And inform your insurer as they are the ones paying the bill and wont pay it if you arent 100%

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ApertureS said:

You want it to go to a garage and the garage will carry out a suitable repair.  

Unfortunately, 99% of dealers nor independents do not have the experience, expertise or time to remove and replace a windscreen and that’s why they too use a screen replacement company

Edited by numskull