Apple CarPlay and Virtual Cockpit question.

1 minute ago, iwb100 said:

If you don’t have the camera does that mean the map speeds are main screen only?

Yes - the VC will only show the speed limit through sign recognition. As you say, if you don't have that, the main infotainment screen will just show the speed limit based from the map data - but you can't (as far as I know) get that to display on the VC.

12 minutes ago, MalmbergA said:

Is it possible to add more VC-skins

No.

13 minutes ago, MalmbergA said:

maybe adapt the colors?

Changing the interior lighting colour also changes the background colour of the virtual cockpit. That's the only changes to colours that you can do.

Just now, Yogi-Bear said:

No.

Changing the interior lighting colour also changes the background colour of the virtual cockpit. That's the only changes to colours that you can do.

Not even with VCDS-coding?

3 minutes ago, MalmbergA said:

Not even with VCDS-coding?

No idea. I'm not a fan of the thought of hacking my new car and potentially breaking it... especially with all the component protection stuff that's baked into it these days.

11 hours ago, MalmbergA said:

Is it possible to add more VC-skins, and maybe adapt the colors? If so, please add image with the different kind of skins/gauges. 

All you can do is go between the standard and Sportline/RS look, and change the ambient lighting colours via VCDS. Not sure if that's locked down on MIB3 cars though.

• 1 year later...
On 22/04/2022 at 13:00, Yogi-Bear said:

It will also display directional arrows when you have a route set on Apple Maps (or, I believe, any other navigation app that's compatible with CarPlay

I would like to know, just to add to this, maybe a little off topic but, how do you get those in the VC? I own Scala 2023 and it only shows the album art (Music info in general) but nothing related to maps. I have Bolero infotainment system.

8 hours ago, DaveCZ said:

I would like to know, just to add to this, maybe a little off topic but, how do you get those in the VC? I own Scala 2023 and it only shows the album art (Music info in general) but nothing related to maps. I have Bolero infotainment system.

Do you have built-in navigation? If not, then the software in the car won't have any navigation functionality and there will be no option to show nav directions (or map) on the VC. Therefore, no way of displaying CarPlay nav instructions either.

1 hour ago, Yogi-Bear said:

Do you have built-in navigation? If not, then the software in the car won't have any navigation functionality and there will be no option to show nav directions (or map) on the VC. Therefore, no way of displaying CarPlay nav instructions either.

Yeah, I don’t have that. Thanks anyway :)