Superb iV delivery time - advice

Hello all,

I have had a Superb iV on order since Nov 21 and currently still no build date for it. It’s an SE L with 2 options, paint and wheels.

I am currently in a Kia Sportsge hire car which I have until July but I am being hassled by them for an update as they want their car back sooner. As I need a car for work, it will only go back once mine has been delivered. I am just worried it will over run the July deadline.

I have been in contact with the garage where the car is being ordered from (who have been a great help) but still no build date on the horizon. 

Did anyone else order their Superb in Nov 21 and got a build date yet? Or what is the realistic time frame.

All iV models are now at least 11 months, and realistically nearer 13-18 months

There have been snippets of info, that suggest some of the wiring loom and/or battery parts were being made in Ukraine, and it will take time to source alternatives.   Obviously some cars were in production before parts ran out (but if yours doesn’t have a build date then presumably yours is on hold for now)

If I had to make a guess, then I would think end 2022 or early 2023, if you have not already got build date.   Personally I don’t think by July will happen unless someone else cancels and you can swap to their car.   

Sorry, not what you want to hear, but drip feeding slipping dates is not going to help you plan.

• 1 month later...

I ordered a Superb IV Sportline Estate last November also. Dealership can’t seem to tell me much other than the factory is yet to accept the order. The 34 week estimate I was given at the time, which would be around the end of July, is looking highly unlikely so if I were you I’d plan for it being longer.

This is the reason that my order was cancelled. I couldn't afford to wait until 2023 (dealer offered date), so I found an ex demonstrator (Sport line Plus) but no iV model. 

I spoke to the head of brand at my local Audi dealership back in March, I wanted an A6 Hybrid but he said there is no chance of it ever arriving after the meeting he’d had in MK that week, that is, the ev line had stopped building and that an alternative wiring loom provider (amongst other bits) was being sourced..  He said to go for an interim car that will meet my needs for now and then in a couple years the crisis may have blown over and I might be able to order a new A6 Etron.  So I went from a Disco Sport P300e, to an A6 Hybrid to a pre-registered Superb Sportline+ iV.  I love the skoda, it had 6miles on it and a significant wack off the retail price (compared to Landrover who were adding £5k to the retail price for a pre-owned model!)

bmw have a similar issue, their headlights are all made in Ukraine.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Ordered our L&K iV estate with towbar in July last year with an estimated delivery of November or December, in October this was pushed back to January then March.  In March we got a provision build date of 19th July only to be told last month Skoda are realigning production and our build date was withdrawn, still waiting for this months update.