Air Leak

Hi all

I’m getting a fault, losing pressure between turbo and intercooler.

there’s a pipe that runs up the back of the engine with a metal collar moulded into the pipe, this connects a rubber pipe to a metal pipe by slotting inside the metal pipe which I think comes from the turbo. It has an O ring seal and a wire cir clip type locking device.

I’m pretty sure this connection is where it’s leaking.

Can anyone help with the part numbers for a replacement O ring and also possibly replacing the pipe for a new one.

Has anyone done away with this pipe completely and replace it with a silicone one or something similar.

Any advice would be appreciated 

Thanks

Hi,

Yes having got fed up with constant pressure loss and once even having the pipe join parting company resulting in total power loss.

I went on e-bay and sourced  (06A 145 731D). It is used on the early models of the following :- AGU Golf MK4 , Audi A3 and 2000 Audi 4wd TT

It is identical to the existing one except instead of having that stupid join has a  normal bead that a silicone hose clamps over.

Sadly they are quite rare to find now, I ended up buying mine from someone in Germany.

I also bought a new silicone hose to link it to the pancake pipe from Creation Motorsport (part No: AGU ARZ H188). You have to reduce the hose length slightly when fitting,

it is a bit of a struggle but can be done (the car front needs to be on ramps or a lift to enable access from underneath).

NB: After swapping the pipe over I did notice it did seem a bit more lively, maybe my imagination??.

Pipe.thumb.jpg.f28109193c6c7d5a5515bcbcc891664b.jpg

Edited by Silver Bullet