error: Gearbox. You can drive on

Hi guys! can someone tell me if it's ok to continue driving the can if it's showing this notice in the dashboard.  but when you switch off the car and turn it On, it would disappear. this shows 5times  or less since the gear oil was charged. I have skoda octavia 2017 dsg7 automatic 

received_1333100597187292.jpeg

How many km ago was the oil change done?

You have a DQ200 7 Speed Twin Dry Clutch that does not require Oil Changes and which there are no recommendations, guidelines or schedule for oil changes.

?

Did whoever did the oil change know their stuff, use the correct oil etc?   

818963504_Screenshot2020-06-29at6_07_38PM.webp

Edited by roottoot
  • Like 2

hi rot. would you be able to check my car  registration if does require oil change? and if it is dry clutch, why did they change it?

171 kk 570, registered in Ireland!

@meekhongIs it a Front Wheel Drive 1.6 TDI

or an AWD?  (Has haldex and a different DSG)

If FWD then the DQ200 has 2 oils, in the box and in the MCU.   The Clutches are dry.

If you have a DQ200 they should have told you no DSG Oil change required. 

(You can have it changed if you want, people do, but the person needs to know what they are doing.)

Edited by roottoot
  • Thanks 1

• 3 months later...
On 27/04/2022 at 14:44, roottoot said:

How many km ago was the oil change done?

You have a DQ200 7 Speed Twin Dry Clutch that does not require Oil Changes and which there are no recommendations, guidelines or schedule for oil changes.

?

Did whoever did the oil change know their stuff, use the correct oil etc?   

818963504_Screenshot2020-06-29at6_07_38PM.webp

Hi! How do I find out what kind of gearbox my Škoda Scout Octavia Mk III has? Produced april 2017, VIN code: TMBLJ9NE5J0063485. Registered in Sweden. Approx 90 000 km. 150 HP, 4WD. DSG7.

Today an error occured: gearbox. You can drive on.

Thanks

• 1 year later...
On 24/08/2022 at 23:11, rolfino said:

Hi! How do I find out what kind of gearbox my Škoda Scout Octavia Mk III has? Produced april 2017, VIN code: TMBLJ9NE5J0063485. Registered in Sweden. Approx 90 000 km. 150 HP, 4WD. DSG7.

Today an error occured: gearbox. You can drive on.

Thanks

@rolfinowhat happened finally with this case? Same problem for me, Sweden as well.