Octavia VRS mk4

Hi guys, I was online not long ago looking for parts to put on my Skoda and I came across these rear canard flick pieces that replace the original ones on the rear bumper, but I can’t seem to find them anywhere again. Someone help please 😆 

• 2 weeks later...
On 01/05/2022 at 11:01, Greezy56 said:

??? A pic might help, wtf is a canard? Educate us.

It's generally an aviation/aerodynamics term - a small winglike projection attached to an aircraft forward of the main wing to provide extra stability or control, sometimes replacing the tail. (according to an online dictionary)

Couple of example images attached: Eurofighter Typhoon - canards are the small wings below the cockpit in front of main wing  and on the Mercedes the small black winglets on the sides of the bumper ( or like the ones in the links above)

220px-Gripen_-_RIAT_2009_(3793317200).jpg

Black-Series-Carbon-Front-Bumper-Canard-for-Mercedes-BenZ-W204-AMG-C63.jpg

28 minutes ago, CS363 said:

It's generally an aviation/aerodynamics term - a small winglike projection attached to an aircraft forward of the main wing to provide extra stability or control, sometimes replacing the tail. (according to an online dictionary)

Couple of example images attached: Eurofighter Typhoon - canards are the small wings below the cockpit in front of main wing  and on the Mercedes the small black winglets on the sides of the bumper ( or like the ones in the links above)

220px-Gripen_-_RIAT_2009_(3793317200).jpg

That's a Gripen, single engine, where the Typhoon has two :geek/

spacer.png

Edited by Pilotguy
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, Pilotguy said:

That's a Gripen, single engine, where the Typhoon has two :geek/

spacer.png

Funny, I Googled Eurofighter Typhoon and that was one of the better images that came up and I thought something looked off but I looking more at the canards than the actual plane! 😅(That'll teach me to be more careful!!)

You'll have to forgive the error - modern fighter jets are a rare sight in our skies since the last Labour government sold off our A4 Skyhawks and cancelled the proposed F15 order 😐

About all we get are a few sorts of helicopters (A109,NH90 and SH-2G Seasprites), some old C130's and P3 Orion's a couple of 757's, a few T6C Texans and a King Air 350..... pretty sad really and probably why I've lost a bit of interest.

Where I live we see more warbirds than anything which certainly brightens up the day!

Edited by CS363
  • Like 2

The main element of the fighter jet or any jet for that matter wasn't invented by the French.

The French had the patented idea for the jet engine but our Frank Whittle made the idea a reality. When the Frenchman Maxime Guillaume came up with the concept in the 20's it was at that stage unfeasible.

When you think of inventions , GB did invent most of the useful stuff in every day use today.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, CS363 said:

I have these installed. Looks very good in reality :)

On 11/05/2022 at 01:54, Anth1s said:

I have these installed. Looks very good in reality :)

Do you have any photos you could share? 👀