Child lock electric fault

I’ve recently had a new battery fitted to my 2019 Skoda Superb and I’m now getting a message saying  child lock electric fault but the child locks are working normally, also there’s no fault showing on diagnostics. Could this be from the battery not being coded properly. 
Any advice would be appreciated 

Error seems relatively obscure to match to battery coding, especially if that is only error.

More likely a solenoid is not moving fully, sliding across enough to lock the door, but not fully home, so it is not detected as in locked position.  Could be as simple as locks need some lubrication, or a minor realignment.

• Thanks 1

The child lock (when fitted with electronic child lock) is very tempremental to voltage drops. How long ago did you have the battery fitted and when did the fault occur?

That being said latches do fail but generally its a low voltage code.

We have a large fleet of superb's and they all suffer with it after a flat battery.

8 minutes ago, ApertureS said:

The child lock (when fitted with electronic child lock) is very tempremental to voltage drops. How long ago did you have the battery fitted and when did the fault occur?

That being said latches do fail but generally its a low voltage code.

We have a large fleet of superb's and they all suffer with it after a flat battery.

The battery was fitted a few weeks ago and the fault appeared when the battery went flat

5 minutes ago, Mitch367 said:

The battery was fitted a few weeks ago and the fault appeared when the battery went flat

Who fitted the battery? Was it adapted to the car and were codes cleared?

Cause both these things need to be done.

Just now, ApertureS said:

Who fitted the battery? Was it adapted to the car and were codes cleared?

Cause both these things need to be done.

The AA fitted it and it was coded to the car and all faults cleared. It’s been scanned again and not showing any fault codes 

29 minutes ago, Mitch367 said:

The AA fitted it and it was coded to the car and all faults cleared. It’s been scanned again and not showing any fault codes 

It must be showing a fault code if there is a fault on the dash.

chances are their scan tool is not capable of doing it 

4 minutes ago, ApertureS said:

It must be showing a fault code if there is a fault on the dash.

chances are their scan tool is not capable of doing it 

I’ll get it checked somewhere else

• 8 months later...
3 hours ago, Saj786 said:

Hey Mitch did you ever get around solving the child electric fault if so can you tell me what the problem was since am having the same issue thanks.

No unfortunately not. The child locks still work though 

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

I got the same issue after the battery was low. Battery no longer low, but the child lock fault shows. 

I guess there's no easy way to remove it. 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi maxp, 

It will be your battery that's going and signs are showing up.

I made a mistake changing the alternator first which I should not have done and wasted money for nothing. Get the battery checked first. 

Once I changed the battery, no problems after that. You might have to delete the codes on the screen, which I can't remember doing that...

I hope this helps.

Stay safe and blessed 🚁💫🧗🧗

11 minutes ago, maxp said:

Mine warning is still there. 

Edited by MoeenAhmed
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

I got this problem when the battery went flat. Now this child lock error is constant.

The battery seems to grow weak by the end of the week. I unusually do a long drive on the weekend so it get a good charge

I had my battery checked.  Kwikfit said it was fine. So it might be a drain issue, but i dont see how that would cause the fault to show even after the battery has been charged.

I got a friend with a VCD to "code" the battery.

However this morning the car struggled to start.

I phoned skoda, they said just to have a look (ie do a diagnostics) it will cost £130ph!!!!

WOW! Any ideas on how else I can get my car diagnosed? 

I have this electronic child lock error also on a 20MY Kodiaq.

It start after changing the lock solenoid on that door after it failed.

Original part no. has been superseded twice since car was built. Hawco Skoda parts department were kind enough to tell me the compatible part numbers one of which I purchased and fitted my self, was a fairly straightforward job to do just had to be careful with all the clips etc. 

Anyway after installing new lock solenoid the central locking on that door was back in action and is working normally however I have this electronic child lock error coming up on the dash.

Is there any way to clear or fix or switch this off. Hawco want £100 fee just to plug the car in. Certainly don’t want to pay main dealer rates to have them strip the door down and fit another new lock solenoid.

Any ideas?

Thanks very much 👍

PS

Child lock on that door isn’t working. No battery issues as others here seem to have had.

Edited by Gmac983

• 1 month later...

My car has just started doing this! Started with a flat battery and now the dreaded child lock fault. The battery gets drained overnight now and has to be jumped off nearly every time. Problem is, my battery is testing ok, so I’m wondering what’s changed with the car to suddenly start with a power drain.

3 hours ago, Markb44 said:

My car has just started doing this! Started with a flat battery and now the dreaded child lock fault. The battery gets drained overnight now and has to be jumped off nearly every time. Problem is, my battery is testing ok, so I’m wondering what’s changed with the car to suddenly start with a power drain.

What was tested to confirm a good battery? and what was the readings?

Has the car been checked for a drain?

• 2 months later...
On 01.01.2024 at 19:31, ApertureS said:

Що було перевірено, щоб підтвердити справність акумулятора? і які були показання?

Машину перевіряли на злив?

I'm sorry, can you tell me, my car's battery died, I charged it and after charging, this problem appeared with the child door lock error, so can you tell me what to do?  As I understood correctly, it is necessary to disconnect the battery and reconnect it and reset the errors?  If not, tell me what to do?

13 hours ago, kostya12345678910r said:

I'm sorry, can you tell me, my car's battery died, I charged it and after charging, this problem appeared with the child door lock error, so can you tell me what to do?  As I understood correctly, it is necessary to disconnect the battery and reconnect it and reset the errors?  If not, tell me what to do?

I don’t know if a disconnect will clear the errors. The proper way is to plug a diagnostic tool into the car and clear the fault codes.

there is also a software update for the door modules i believe that resolves this issue.

• Love it! 1