Maps update

Hi everyone, so there's a new maps update available for skoda kodiaq 2022/2023 (197 for MIB 2.5 columbus). I downloaded relevant file and proceeded with the update. As always all went smoothly but the speed limit displayed on the map is no longer corresponding to the real regulations that are in force for almost a year now. It did not change during last update but I know the maps are released with some delay. The problem is that the limit in my country was 50km/hr from 6-23 and 60 from 23-6. Now this is no longer the case as the regulation requires to drive 50km/hr all day and night without any time limit. In my dashboard and on the columbus display there are two signs - one with 50km/hr another with 60km/hr. I did my update during driving so the speed limit was displayed all the time. Perhaps those files could not be overridden during that time? Is there anyway I can verify what speed limit is writen in the file itself? Can it be edited? Thanks for help. 

Ok, so I went through similar topics here and on other forums. The conclusion is that this is a common issue in vag. The speed limit data is not reliable and a consensus is to use alternatives like WAZE. Perhaps someone has some deeper knowledge on this matter? If one locate files containing regional data including speed limit info perhaps it can be edited?

I personally think there’s always going to be specific cases like this where local enforcement has changed. Hopefully they can be picked up on subsequent map updates but in the meantime it pays to be vigilant and understand your surroundings - which should be happening as a matter of course anyway. 😉

• Like 1

Hi 

Has anyone managed to update the maps on a MIB3 system yet with a usb c stick (Kodiaq 2020 model UK)

I have tried but it does not seem to see any update files on the usb stick and wondered if anyone had managed it yet.

On 18/05/2022 at 14:05, Billywizzo said:

Hi 

Has anyone managed to update the maps on a MIB3 system yet with a usb c stick (Kodiaq 2020 model UK)

I have tried but it does not seem to see any update files on the usb stick and wondered if anyone had managed it yet.

Are you using a Mac by chance? If so you need to use an app like CleanMyDrive 2 (thanks to the fine folk on the forum for reccomending this to me) to clear out all the MacOS hidden files. My Kodiaq (MIB2) wouldn't see any map update files until I used this to clean the USB stick on eject.

12 hours ago, jnrdavo said:

No, using a PC. From what I have read on this forum, it's most likely to do with the software version I have installed on my unit here in Oz.

Same, using a PC. Tried formatting the usb drive every way offered but no luck.

Will either have to wait till a software fix to allow manual updates, pay for the connect service or leave it as is.