Wheel spacers

Hi, 

I ve read somewhere that the minimum size for the front wheels must be 13mm wheel spacer due to a metal lip, which indeed make sense. 

Something similar for the rear wheels.

But I see people using 5,8, 10,12mm etc

Without any problem .

3 hours ago, Damian@DPM said:

The front hub lip won't be as deep as the rear, we've found from experience that 10mm works on the front but 12mm+ is needed for the rear.

Damian @ DPM Performance 

Hi,

The front lip is 13mm.

It seems correct the spacer to be  >=13

I don't know what to do

It's the centering lip on the spacer itself. You don't generally get them on smaller spacers. Due to needing the lip on the hub I would avoid anything between 5 and 12mm (of the non-lipped variety) as you won't have enough hub lip protruding.

Up to 5 you should be fine. This is for front or rear depending on tyre clearance of course.

8 hours ago, Damian@DPM said:

The front hub lip won't be as deep as the rear, we've found from experience that 10mm works on the front but 12mm+ is needed for the rear.

Damian @ DPM Performance 

1 hour ago, MarkyG82 said:

It's the centering lip on the spacer itself. You don't generally get them on smaller spacers. Due to needing the lip on the hub I would avoid anything between 5 and 12mm (of the non-lipped variety) as you won't have enough hub lip protruding.

Up to 5 you should be fine. This is for front or rear depending on tyre clearance of course.

If i understood correct,

I can use non- hubcentric 5mm or less

Or if the spacer is hub centric,

I can use whatever I want..?

18 minutes ago, haris said:

If i understood correct,

I can use non- hubcentric 5mm or less

Or if the spacer is hub centric,

I can use whatever I want..?

In simple words yes. The issue is the lack of material behind the lip on thin hubcentric spacers. So there is a kind of no man's land between 5mm or thereabouts non-centric and hubcentric. What Damian above is talking about is the lip on the actual hub. If it's small enough and you can find a hubcentric spacer with enough meat you should be ok. Otherwise just go with the rule of 13mm+.

For what it's worth I have 12mm on the front and 20 on the back. Both seem to work well enough.

• Sponsor
On 27/05/2022 at 13:43, haris said:

Hi,

The front lip is 13mm.

It seems correct the spacer to be  >=13

I don't know what to do

You'll be fine with a 12mm hubcentric spacer - https://www.dpmperformance.co.uk/car-parts/skoda/octavia/hr-trak-12mm-hubcentric-wheel-spacers-boltsoctavia-5e-20132019

Damian @ DPM Performance 

• 2 weeks later...
On 27/05/2022 at 19:10, MarkyG82 said:

In simple words yes. The issue is the lack of material behind the lip on thin hubcentric spacers. So there is a kind of no man's land between 5mm or thereabouts non-centric and hubcentric. What Damian above is talking about is the lip on the actual hub. If it's small enough and you can find a hubcentric spacer with enough meat you should be ok. Otherwise just go with the rule of 13mm+.

For what it's worth I have 12mm on the front and 20 on the back. Both seem to work well enough.

Any photos Mark? I'm thinking 15mm is too much on front but I think the back needs 5mm bigger spacers than the front. If you can't fit anything lower than 12mm hubcentric up front then 18mm-20mm on back should suit.

I've seen a few cars with 15mm/20mm front and rear combos and sometimes the front looks overbearing.

O3 PreFL fits 20mm adapter on the back, my setup, with ET51 19" rim. It is attached to the hub with its own bolts. Pros is you don't touch it anymore and use OEM bolts. For spacer you need longer bolts, which can be the issue for security bolts.

eibach_spacers_article.jpg

It fits perfectly fine as FL is +19mm.