Check engine light - Car Scanner Pro diagnostic code 28253

My check engine light came on - solid amber, looks like an engine symbol , manual says it's emissions.

I didn't notice a loss of power but not driving it hard anyway.

I attached my Car Scanner Pro app, scanned and got the attached result.

P26F8 and 29353.

My car is 2016 Octavia 2.0 TDi CRMB engine.

I cleared the fault and went for a test drive.  It's back but pending now.  I've driving the car several thousand miles since the date of the error on the report  (16-Mar).

The Internet says here and here that this is a failed coolant pump 3 which I believe is V488 circuit.

Could anyone confirm that this is the for heating the cabin and if I'll be okay driving with it for a while.

Change myself or take to the garage?

Thoughts? 

Screenshot_2022-05-30-13-34-03-785_com_ovz.carscanner.thumb.jpg.90fb7407d086cacd36669650949d9444.jpg

• 1 year later...

Mee too: P26F8 indicating fault with aux pump. Orange (yellow?) engine light on. It came on when I took it for a test drive at the dealers. They said they would sort it and indeed I did not see it for 2 weeks, but then it came on again. Took it back to them and they confirmed aux pump, but technicial "had a feel of the pipes" and said it was running OK, then he cleared the fault. Engine light was off for 3 miles. Has been on ever since. I have a long drive tomorrow, but was told it was nothing to worry about. Let's see.

By the way, why does it have to have so many pumps? I'm sure my MK1 only had the one on engine cooling duties. (I got rid of that one to escape constant faults - ha ha ha!).

Thanks,

TT.