Michelin PS5s

Vwnut

So I thought I would let you all know what I have found after fitting the PS5s this week.  So I had 4 different tyres which wasn't a great start, but I have tried a few different premium tyres on my other cars so first impressions are it drives smoother, mpg went up very slightly or at least didnt dip below 28 too much and that was mixed driving. Grip, well it's very reassuring on the corners and grip on full acceleration is much better, so overall I would recommend these tyres easily.20220609_175026.thumb.JPG.e6da64249fb0f92a12da36a0b70e85e7.JPG

• Like 2

Pilot Sport can be a nice tyre and the likes of a Primacy can be a pure ditch finder tyre that manufacturers fit because they might be a fuel saver due to lack of friction / grip / traction. 

I hope Primacy 4 + are better than the Primacy 4 so liked by Manufacturers of EV's and Hybrids as OEM fitment. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, BogdanB said:

Does anybode know what's the actual difference between PS and Primacy? In reviews they look pretty even.

Primacy 4+ (the plus is latest version) is more a long life touring tyre, more comfort based

The Pilot sport 5 is a stiffer sporty tyre, lot more limited range of sizes (between 35 and 50 aspect ratio, so not available as a deeper sidewall tyre)

• Like 1