2.0 TSI After Market Inlet Manifold P2015

Afternoon,

Just wondered if anyone had used an aftermarket inlet manifold on the VRS? I have a 2010 VRS 2.0 tsi. 

I had a code Sunday , P2015, which may be a result of me operating the vacuum actuator arm by hand the day before (to check it was moving freely) and somehow i may have dislodged the ball joint as it looked a bit mis-alsigned when i checked it when the code came on so i unclipped the ball joint and re-seated it. I have cleared the code and its not come back on since, but am pre-empting needing a new inlet manifold at some point as i am on the original version with 80k miles. 

The genuine part is over £500 at TPS, so am keen to explore the aftermarket options. I heard Vaico are meant to be a reasonably reputable manufacturer, but there are mixed reviews on anything non-OEM. Clearly i'd rather not install an aftermarket part that cost £150 and find it fails / throws an error code, but that said would be comfortable to take a punt on it vs  a £500 OEM part! 

I have an aftermarket one - not sure of make though. It's rubbish! The amount of play in the actuator where is joins the 4 butterfly's is unreal - I won't be fitting it. You'd be better off finding a low mileage used one and order a couple of OEM rubber gaskets and go from there. It would also be worth pulling the injectors, give them a clean and replace the 'O' rings etc.

Re the aftermarket inlet manifold, I'll try and find out it's make and let you know...

Edited by MAW
  • Like 1

Already done a carbon clean and replaced all 4 x injectors 3 years ago, so should be good as only done 11k miles since i did that work. I think i disturbed the ball joint that attaches to the actuator when i tested it by hand, as it was slightly misaligned. Since i clipped it back in, there are no more codes so far and not even a pending code (my code reader flags up when a code is pending, i.e. a fault has occured but not yet resulted in a check engine light). So will see how it goes, but thanks for the advice re after market. I'd prefer to avoid the £500 genuine part cost, you can buy a used engine for £1500.....!