Moroccan MAP missing on MIB3

D@ny

Hi,

I try to install (since it is missing) the Moroccan Map on My MIB3 (Karoq 2021).

I cannot find it on the skoda update portal.

Is there a way to download and install it?

Thanks.

Are you in the UK? 

The MIB3 maps update over air when you visit a region where they are out of date. But it could well be that a UK car is only supplied with European maps.

Although the update portal shows updated maps, which are said to be installed via the USB-C port, in practice many of us have found this procedure does not work. There are several threads discussing this, and it would seem that a successful installation depends on the car's software version and where it was sold (Russian cars for example do not have over air updates and so have the manual install system enabled.

Chris

35 minutes ago, CJJE said:

Russian cars for example do not have over air updates and so have the manual install system enabled.

I wouldn't be too fussed if the Russian mapping  updates sent everybody the wrong way on purpose.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Phutters said:

I wouldn't be too fussed if the Russian mapping  updates sent everybody the wrong way on purpose.

Apologies for going off topic but that's an interesting point re: Russia.  There used to be a number of Russian owners on here specifically on the Kodiaq forum. Haven't seen any comment from a Russian owner for sometime - wonder if that's down to Putin isolating the country from the rest of the world.

There are some strange anomalies in the mapping. 

I was led to believe that the same map data is shared across the VAG group.

Seems this is not the case.

Last September we drove down to our friends place in Mid France (it is shown on google maps) and was searchable as a destination in the Golf (21 plate) that we were loaned to do the trip.

This time we are using our 71 plate Karoq, complete with the latest maps, yet there is no mention of our friends place any more.

I had to do a map search and drop a pin at the location.